Creating a New Activity (Incident / Exercise / Event)
🔑 ACCESS LEVEL: Owner, Editor or Member+ with the draft activity granular permissions.
💡TIP: You can add custom fields to your activity forms to capture further information.
⚠️ ATTENTION: Statistics from activities are not added to reports until the activity has been approved. Note draft reports are displayed with an asterisk.
There are two ways to create an activity:
- From the dashboard select +Add Incident / +Add Exercise / +Add Event
- Fill out the details and click through the tabs across the top of the activity, clicking on finished at the end
- Go to Operations > select either Incidents, Exercises or Events
- Select the Add Incident, Add Exercise or Add Event button on the right hand side of the screen
Tabs & Fields
When you open an activity there are several tabs that you can make use of to add more information and customize your activity.
On the basic tab of an activity you will be entering the main data related to the activity, such as location, time of activity and a description.
Your activities will be assigned a unique reference number, enabling you to easily locate and manage them
- Add location bookmarks to quickly and easily set the location on an activity
- Once you have added tags in your account you will be able to select them at the bottom of the basic page
- Use rich text to present your information, splitting the text up into sections, and emphasizing the important parts
The attendance type field allows you to specify whether or not you want all team members to be invited to the activity
- Full-Team invites all team members to the activity. New team members will automatically be invited to future full-team activities.
- Selective-Team means you can choose who to invite to the activity. You will be able to do this on the Attendance tab.
ℹ️ NOTE: To set the default for this field go to User Profile Icon > Team Settings > Under Modules select Attendance > Set your preference under the Defaults section.
On the attendance tab you will be able to select who should be added to the activity.
- You can set individual and multi-period attendances for members on an activity and assign roles.
ℹ️ NOTE: If a member does not appear in the attendance drop down, please check their joined date. You may need to edit their joined date on their member profile if it is after the date of the activity.
💡TIP: e.g. Member Joined Date: January 3, 2023; Activity Date: January 1, 2023.
Here you will be able to add the K9 that attended the activity, assuming you have first added the handler in the attendance tab.
On the resources tab you will be able to record what external agencies / teams attended the activity by adding the resource to an activity
On the equipment tab you will be able to track equipment usage.
Involved (incidents only)
Here you can record details regarding the persons involved in the incident.
Hazmat (incidents only)
Record hazardous materials data relating to the incident here.
Lost Behavior (incidents only)
Record lost person behavior here in order to export all lost person behavior statistics for submission to the international databases.
Here you can edit the costing for personnel and equipment if you do not want to apply the defaults that may already be set in your account.
Here you can upload relevant attachments.
By clicking on the finished tab, your activity will be saved as a draft activity report. Only someone with editor or owner permission levels will be able to approve the report.