The Situation provides the latest updates on an event / incident.
You can configure your situation form in the admin area under templates. You can also change the name of your situation form by typing in the name field at the top of the template. Incident Summary, SITREP, and Incident Report are all common alternate names.
⚠️ ATTENTION: The first 5 fields in the situation report (SITREP) are built in and cannot be customized via the templates.
- Event name: This is the name of the event / incident that you type in when you start a new channel, e.g. Chemical Spill, Severe Winter Storm, Passenger Incident, Air Monitoring, Pipeline Incident etc.
- Status: You can configure the channel statuses in the settings in the admin area.
- Start Date: The clock / timer in your channel is based on this time and date. The system autofills this field when you start the channel.
- End Date: The clock / timer in your channel will stop when the channel is shutdown.
- Location: The location set here is pinned to the map, and is also the location where the weather is recorded for the weather module.
Customizing Situation Template
There will only be one situation report template in your Incident Management account and this will be the form visible in all channels. The template outlines the layout of the form behind it. The articles below may help in customizing the situation template:
- Customizing Form Templates
- Pinning a Field to the Dashboard
- Linking Fields to the Situation
- Customize Conditional Formatting of a Field
Using the Situation Report
When you start a new channel, the first thing you will start filling out is the situation (SITREP). The articles below may help in using the situation report: