Received Ref Sequence Error
This article explains how to correct the ref sequence in your Incident Management account if the numbers are off.
⚠️ ATTENTION: This article only applies if you have synced your Incident Management account to your Incident Reporting account.
If you notice the ref sequence in your Incident Management account is off, it may be because you have deleted incidents in your Incident Reporting account that have not been permanently deleted.
To check this you will need to go to your Incident Reporting account and go to Operations > Incidents > Deleted Incidents.
If you see deleted incidents here with the refs you want to use for your next incident, you will need to permanently delete these incidents to 'free up' those refs.
⛔️ DANGER: If you permanently delete an incident, there is no way to recover it.
To permanently delete an incident:
- Click on the incident you wish to permanently delete
- Select Delete Report on the right hand side of the page
- Enter your password to confirm the deletion
To set what the next ref should be:
- Go to Team Settings
- Select Activities under the Modules section
- Select Sequence Numbers
- Under Next Numbers you will be able to enter what the next number should be for your incident ref
- Click Save Changes