Setting Colors with Status Expressions
Manage how your Status Board warnings are displayed based on the status field selection. For example you have building damage assessment that has changed to minor or severe damage.
Item status expressions allow you to specify what color a row within a status board should be based on what status is selected from a drop down field.
🔑 ACCESS LEVEL: Account Owner
ℹ️ NOTE: You must set colors with status expressions first within the Admin Area on web application.
⚠️ ATTENTION: If you do not already have a status field, you will need to add one first.
To do this:
- Go to the Admin Area
- Expand Templates
- Select Status Boards
- Click the Edit icon on the status board you wish to edit
- In this example the options for statuses are 'No Damage', 'Minor Damage', 'Severe Damage' and 'Destroyed'
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click + Advanced Options
- Here you will see Item status expressions;
- Success = Green
- Warning = Amber
- Danger = Red
- To set the colors based on the status selection, you must use the field ID/name. I.e. the field name for No Damage is no_damage, the field name for Destroyed is destroyed and so on
- The field ID for the Status field in this example is status which you can find by clicking on the More Options [⋮] menu on the field in the template in the admin area
- If 'No Damage' is selected I want the status board item to be green, enter the following in Success:
- If 'Minor Damage' is selected, I want the item to be amber, enter the following in Warning:
- If 'Severe Damage' OR 'Destroyed' is selected, I want the item to be red, enter the following in Danger:
- status==='severe_damage' || status==='destroyed'
- Click Save
ℹ️ NOTE: You can also use numbers in your expressions. See the example below for how to add colors based on the number of residents in a particular shelter.