API Quick Start Guide
To enhance your experience and streamline your processes, we've created this comprehensive API Quick Start Guide. Find details and valuable insights into how to make the most of the D4H API.
API for Team Manager
The D4H Personnel & Training, Equipment Management and Incident Reporting (Team Manager platform) API allows you to query and update your response team's account. For details on available endpoints and authentication, visit https://api.team-manager.us.d4h.com/v2/documentation.
💡 TIPS: Developer
- Remember to use the appropriate URL based on your response team's server. (api.ca.d4h.org, api.eu.d4h.org)
- HTTPS is mandatory
- When an error is encountered in your request, most will contain precise info about what is wrong. Eg. field "category_id" must be a number" or field "activity" must be one of "incident", "event", "exercise"
- The authentication method is a bearer token. All requests require a header field called Authorization with value Bearer <yourtokengoeshere>
- API tokens are unique to each team member. Any write action done using an API token will be reflected in the application using that member's credentials (audit, etc). When building applications or integrations, never distribute a token with it. Protect it like you would protect a password.
HTTP codes are meaningful:
- 400: an issue with your requests' parameters;
- 401: an issue with your token or authentication;
- 403: an issue with the user's permissions;
- 404: a not found - it may either be an incorrect URL or an entity that no longer exists;
- 409: a conflict, eg a start date that is before an end date;
- 500: a server error (those shouldn't happen, but if they're ever encountered, get in touch with support!)
- A full list - this is a web standard - is available here (official), or a friendlier version here.
The current version of the API is v2, and you can access the documentation here.
We expect to release an API v3 with breaking changes in the future.
API for Operations Center
You can integrate your preferred tools, automate tasks, and retrieve data from the D4H Incident Management (Operations Center platform) effortlessly. Whether you're looking to streamline workflows, enhance situational awareness, or supercharge your incident response, our API is here to help you make it happen.
Unlock the full potential of your emergency management operations with the D4H Operations Center API. Explore new possibilities and take control of your data like never before. For details, visit https://operations-center.us.d4h.com/api/docs/v1.
ℹ️ NOTE: If you would like certain features in Incident Management to be considered in the API v2, please send your request to the D4H Help Desk.