Adding a Kind of Equipment
Kinds are the secondary singular description of the items of equipment you have in your cache to organize and define your equipment in Equipment Management.
⚠️ ATTENTION: Before you can add Kinds, you must first add a Category above it.
ℹ️ NOTE: Kinds are broken up into the following three categories:
- Reusable Equipment - Choose this for your regular stock equipment that will be reused such as radios, rescue equipment or personal protective equipment. By choosing this type, the system will record the number of times used and the number of hours used which you can report on.
- Disposable Supply - Choose this for disposable supplies such as medical supplies, bottled water or batteries.
- Vehicle - Choose this for equipment where mileage is tracked. This kind type has specific default data fields for mileage & odometer readings, you can report on this too.
To add a Kind to your equipment cache:
- Go to Logistics > Equipment
- Go to the Categories tab and open the category where you wish to add kinds
- Click Add Kind
- Give the Kind a name and choose the type
- You can add Cost Per Hour and Cost Per Use for Reusable and Disposable Equipment. You can add Cost Per Mile and Cost Per Use for a Vehicle.