Adding a Custom Field
🔑ACCESS LEVEL: Owner
💡 TIP: Bundle your common custom fields together for ease of use and to organize similar custom fields together.
To add a custom field:
- Go to Team Settings
- Under Custom Fields and Timestamps click into the section you want to add a custom field to
- Click Add Field
- Fill in the details
- Click Save Changes
- Title: this is the field name that will appear on your form
- Bundle: you can add a bundle to group similar custom fields together. This will appear as a section header in your form
- Data Type: this is the type of field you want to appear on the form, whether it is a text field or a drop down field.
- Note, once you have saved the custom field you cannot edit the type. You would need to delete the field and create it again if you want to change the data type.
- Privacy: 'Private' means only people with an access level of Member+ and above will be able to see this field. 'Shared with Team' means everyone will see this field.
- Searchable: checking this will allow you to search for this field in the search box in your account
- Required: this makes the field mandatory and you will not be able to approve an incident if you have not completed the field
- Hint Text: you can include hints to help guide your members when filling in the fiel